Longlevens duo Ollie Long and Harry Emmett are the two latest players to be nominated in the Severn Sport End of Season Awards 2019/20, with manager Craig Martin once again up for Manager of the Season.
A reminder that this year we have 13 categories in total and they are as follows (and who has been nominated thus far):
- Player of the season – Ellis Dunton (Fairford Town)
- Young player of the season – Jacob Waddington (Slimbridge u18s/Shortwood United); George Callinan (Slimbridge u18s/Longlevens/Cirencester Town Academy); Niall Priday (Tuffley Rovers/U18s)
- Breakthrough player of the season – Leighton Tuodolo (Slimbridge/U18s/Hartpury College); Jake Rhodes (Tuffley Rovers)
- Team of the season – Frampton United
- Manager of the season – Josh Loveridge (Frampton United); Jody Bevan (Fairford Town)
- Game of the season
- Severn Sport Live player of the season – Mark Pritchett (Tuffley Rovers)
- Signing of the season – Ellis Dunton (Fairford Town)
- The John Ashplant Local Hero Award
- Best Social Media Account
- GNSL Player of the Season
- GNSL Manager of the Season
- GNSL Team of the Season
Craig Martin is up for Manager of the Season for the second season in a row and is nominated once again by Ryan after leading his Longlevens side to what would have been their highest ever league finish of 6th in the Hellenic Premier, whilst players Harry Emmett and Ollie Long are Ryan’s Player of the Season and Kelsey’s Severn Sport Live Player of the Season respectively.
Ryan gave his reasons behind the nominations:
Martin was my Manager of the Season last year for seeing his side to safety after a disastrous start to the season which saw him almost laboured with the Longlevens job. Nearly 18 months on he has Longlevens reborn. Former manager Mark Moore had a vision of bringing in young and hungry players to be the next generation of Longlevens’ stalwarts and Martin has taken that vision and is making it a reality, with the help of Tommy Callinan Sr, Darrell Long and Kacey Johnstone. Longlevens as a club are thriving and its down to having a First Team manager like Craig Martin.
When Kelsey and I first starting talking about our nominees for the awards, instantly I put forward Harry Emmett as Player of the Season. Simply, he has been the single most impressive player I have seen in the last 6 months. This young man literally glides across the pitch with the ball, he takes players on, he beats players, he makes goals and most importantly he has added goals to his game. To sum up how good Emmett has been, on our End of Year Review podcast, 5 different players/managers from different clubs all tipped Emmett as their player of 2019. That in itself speaks volumes.
I’m delighted that Ollie was Kelsey’s Severn Sport Live Player of the Season and to be honest, if he wasn’t then he would have been the player I would have nominated as our joint pick. He has been fantastic for Longlevens this season and I am delighted to see such a down to Earth young man take his opportunity and thrive in his side. When I first saw Ollie, Mark Moore believed he would be the central midfielder to hold Longlevens together, but I told him that Long would make a hell of a centre half and two years later he is, for me, up there as one of the best defenders in the Hellenic Premier. He will be Longlevens’ captain and leader in the future and we are excited to see him develop further.
The Severn Sport End of Season Awards 2019/20 will be spanned over the Easter Weekend with the winners revealed throughout. Check the website everyday as we continue to reveal and announce the nominees.