Chalford and Andoversford have both been nominated in two categories each in the Severn Sport End of Season Awards 2019/20.
A reminder that this year we have 13 categories in total and they are as follows (and who has been nominated thus far):
- Player of the season – Ellis Dunton (Fairford Town); Harry Emmett (Longlevens); Jack Watts (Bishops Cleeve)
- Young player of the season – Jacob Waddington (Slimbridge u18s/Shortwood United); George Callinan (Slimbridge u18s/Longlevens/Cirencester Town Academy); Niall Priday (Tuffley Rovers/U18s)
- Breakthrough player of the season – Leighton Tuodolo (Slimbridge/U18s/Hartpury College); Jake Rhodes (Tuffley Rovers); Levi Irving (Cirencester Town)
- Team of the season – Frampton United; Longlevens; Dursley Town
- Manager of the season – Josh Loveridge (Frampton United); Jody Bevan (Fairford Town); Craig Martin (Longlevens)
- Game of the season
- Severn Sport Live player of the season – Mark Pritchett (Tuffley Rovers); Ollie Long (Longlevens); James Harding (Cinderford Town)
- Signing of the season – Ellis Dunton (Fairford Town); Sol Wanjau-Smith (Slimbridge); Connor Thompson (Fairford Town)
- The John Ashplant Local Hero Award
- Best Social Media Account
- GNSL Player of the Season – Sam Wines (Lydney Town Reserves); Matthew Butler (Winchcombe Town); Daryl Addis (English Bicknor)
- GNSL Manager of the Season – Mark Mulraney (Brockworth Albion)
- GNSL Team of the Season – English Bicknor
Chalford, who were in the Division One title picture for most of the season and also collected the Reg Davis Cup in October, are Kelsey’s nomination for GNSL Team of the Season and manager Ben Powell is Kelsey’s nomination for GNSL Manager of the Season.
Andoversford and manager Matt Brown are the boys’ joint nomination for both categories and will complete the line-up in the GNSL specific categories after ending the suspended campaign top of Division Two and were sent to be in the title challenge.
Ryan had this to say about the latest nominees:
When it came to the GNSL specific awards Kelsey immediately put forward Chalford. Say what you want about the season, they are one of the sides who did pick up some silverware and were potentially on course to win a double! After going unbeaten for so long in both this season and the 18/19 season, few could argue they have been one of the best sides across both divisions, so for that both Chalford and Ben Powell deserve a lot of credit.
Andoversford took the GNSL by storm and whilst Lydney Town Reserves and Kings Stanley would have had their says in the title race, Andoversford were looking like they were on course for back-to-back promotions after winning the Cheltenham League in 18/19. Matt Brown and assistant Phil Hendy have kept their side consistent and focussed throughout and really, they will be the team to beat next season.
Also a heads up for everyone, that tomorrow (Wednesday) we will be revealing the nominations for both the Game of the Season and Best Social Media Account and on Thursday we will be revealing the three people that will be up for the John Ashplant Local Hero Award! So check out our socials and the website for all the information you need.
The Severn Sport End of Season Awards 2019/20 will be spanned over the Easter Weekend with the winners revealed throughout. Check the website everyday as we continue to reveal and announce the nominees.