The draw has been made for the Gloucestershire Northern Senior League’s Reg Davis Cup, including the subsequent draws up until the final.
The cup gets underway on the first Saturday of August (3rd – 15:00 kick offs)) and the draw looks as follows:
1. Brockworth Albion vs Broadwell Amateurs Reserves
2. Barnwood United vs Charlton Rovers
3. Bredon vs Welland
4. Abbeymead Rovers vs Taverners
5. Tuffley Rovers Reserves vs Whitecroft
6. Smiths Barometrics vs Andoversford
7. Lydbrook Athletic vs Frampton United Reserves
8. Quedgeley Wanderers vs Kings Stanley
9. Berkeley Town vs FC Lakeside
10. Harrow Hill vs Upton St Leonards
11. Leonard Stanley vs Staunton & Corse
12. Winchcombe Town vs Cheltenham Civil Service
13. English Bicknor vs Lydney Town Reserves
14. Longlevens Reserves vs Cam Bulldogs
15. Woolaston vs Chalford
16. Bibury vs Falcons
Round One serves up some mouth watering ties including newly promoted to Division One Woolaston, hosting last season’s runners up Chalford.
Last season’s finalists both have home ties as English Bicknor host Lydney Town Reserves and after a merger between Smiths Athletic and last season’s cup winner FC Barometrics, Smiths Barometrics host last season’s Cheltenham League winners, Andoversford.
The winners will progress to Round Two, which takes place on Wednesday 7th August, with scheduled 18:30 kick offs and the draw looks as follows:
A. 5 vs 6
B. 15 vs 10
C. 4 vs 16
D. 12 vs 9
E. 13 vs 3
F. 8 vs 14
G. 1 vs 7
H. 2 vs 11
Round Three, the Quarter Finals, takes place a week later on Wednesday 14th August – again with scheduled 18:30 kick offs.
1. E vs H
2. D vs F
3. C vs G
4. B vs A
And finally, the semi finals will take place on Saturday 14th September with 14:30 kick offs, with the winners meeting at a neutral venue that is TBC.
A. 1 vs 4
B. 3 vs 2
Eagle eyed readers will see that there is a guarantee that there will NOT be a repeat of last year’s final as if Smiths Barometrics and English Bicknor win all of their respective ties, they will in fact meet in the semi finals….there are a lot of teams standing in their way though!